My husband loves a good sandwich. This is one of his favorites.
It’s easy and delicious! it’s da’ Banh. (hehe).
- French Bread; toasted or not (most are vegan)
- 1 package of firm tofu
- vegan mayo (we love Just Mayo)
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cucumber (sliced)
- 1 carrot (match stick)
- 1/4 Cup apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate your veggies;
- marinate your shredded cabbage, cucumbers, and carrots in 1/4 C apple cider vinegar
- add salt and pepper to taste
- marinate overnight for the most flavor, or you can marinate for 10-30 minutes right before making your banh mi.
While veggies are marinating, pan sear your tofu on a non-stick pan (you won’t need oil for this). 4-5 minutes on each side.
Once done with tofu, you can start building your banh mi!
Spread your mayo over your french bread, add your tofu, load your veggies, top with cilantro…that’s it!